1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chase Daniel's bowl performance fishy?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fed Up Fred, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i call bullshit, too. i took in part of that game last night, and by the end of mizzou's second drive that i watched i said aloud: "what the hell is wrong with that guy? he looks like he's tanking it."

mrs. petty: "what are you talking about?"

me: "nothing."

because of mrs. petty's not giving two shits, it never went any further. but he was missing so badly, that certainly was my first thought. ... so piss off, haters.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It be sooo good to have you back...

3. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Didn't see the game. But I thought Daniel sucked in all the big games this year.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not quite. He was nails in a blowout over a Nebraska team, in Lincoln, that turned out to be good. And Illinois was certainly a big game at the time. From Oklahoma State on, tho, he went way, inexplicably, down the tubes.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

just for that: i was talking to a friend who graduated from missou last night. he asks me, "tom, wouldn't this game be more fun to watch if they simply started firing random players and see who could do most with less and anoint them the real winners of the journalism bowl?"

6. Northwestern's better than I thought they were.

7. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Maybe they could've farmed out the defensive backs to India.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Is that like What About Bob?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Stoney, he's not defending Fred. He just doesn't like the poster who told Fred off.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Not fishy, just typical for bowl season. You get some real clunker efforts by players and teams who finished the season badly and/or don't want to be at the bowl they got, and I can't be convinced that Missouri cared about the Alamo Bowl.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

:-[ :-[

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Was there really a need to be message board cop?

Draft saved Draft deleted