1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Weis: Once again at his disingenious/passive aggressive "best"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

What he said.

I'd be very surprised if the pear-shaped Weis survived his 10-year deal ... above ground, I mean.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Do college teams have "bye" weeks? I've always thought they were "open" or "off" weeks, never really thought that terminology worked for colleges. I'm not trying to slam a fellow reporter or simply pick nits (well, probably I am doing that), just wondering if anybody else thinks that way.[/threadjack]

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Actually, a "bye" has to do with tournament brackets, so it's uniformly misused with all college and NFL teams, too.

4. BullBoi

BullBoi New Member

Look at all the jellus basement-dwellers.

:D :D :D :D

5. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Member

Not saying I disagree with you, but you seem to overlook this quote.

"Everyone knows I'm staying here until they fire me or I die," he said. "I'm here for life. "That's what I said I was going to do. So why would I not be a man of my word?"

That is actually a pretty definitive comment from a coach, especially with most usually opting for "I have no plans to leave" or someting along that line.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's bullshit, just like with all the other job-trolling coaches.

Weis will be gone from ND by opening day of the 2010 season, because if he continues to win, the NFL will snap him up, and if he doesn't, ND will whack him. Either way he'll be gone.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Roy Williams said the same thing in 2000 when he spurned the Tar Heels to stay at Kansas. We saw how that worked out.

Not saying Roy meant to betray the KU faithful's trust, because I believe his intentions were true. But people change, situations change. What might be true now might not be true a year from now.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

When Weis turns down a chance to go to the New York Giants or the chance to replace Belichick in New England, then I'll actually believe anything he says on this topic.

Draft saved Draft deleted