1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Weis: Crybaby? Or does he have a point?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Listening to the ND kool-aiders, you'd think Weis is bound there with the steel cables of eternity and it will cost him $100 million to leave. When Chuckles wants to leave, Chuckles will leave.

Weis, and/or his agent, aren't that dumb. When Chuckles wants to leave, Chuckles will leave. It will cost him some scratch, but not $15 mill. Now undoubtedly it would cost ND $15 mill to FIRE Weis, but it don't work the other direction.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

methinks meagrees.

3. He's clearly setting this up to leave Notre Dame after this season, or at least very soon.

"I meant what I said about staying here forever, but I realized that it just wasn't fair to put my family through this kind of mean-spirited scrutiny," etc., etc., etc., etc. Guarantee he'll use his two kids and wife as human shields against criticism.

For portraying such a tough guy, Mr. Jersey Shore sure does have a thin skin.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's one scary picture. I cringe every time I see it posted on here.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That makes him a Parcells-clone.
    NFL Netwrok had a show on the 1990 Giants. Parcells being the real Parcells

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Aside from the fact that Parcells has done a lot more than Weis... Parcells has never given a shit what anyone else thinks. And he may be the most miserable human alive, even if he is less miserable than he used to be. Weis isn't like him. He cares enough to try to polish his image and court public opinion.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hope the Giants lose tonight and Coughlin is fired tomorrow morning.

Then Weis can spend his entire pre-game and postgame press conferences using his fat ass to dodge all of the questions about whether he's interested in the Giants job...

"Well, I thought Brady played very well..."

"Who gives a fuck fatty, are you coming to NY or not?"

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Just because Charlie Weis is a little paranoid doesn't mean that somebody isn't out to get him.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Sure, he's a smart coach. But he's also a little bitch wrapped up in those giant folds of fat. Just shut up and stop being an asshole to everyone. There are few coaches I like to see squirm more than that turd.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

don't hold anything back, dude. let it all out.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

That's right, poor ND and it's altruistic self is misunderstood. It's all about (Touchdown) Jesus, you know...

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted