1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Steiner Show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

One of best shows on XM radio. He gets great guests from the media discussing baseball

2. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

MLB Homeplate on XM is worth the monthly subscription on its own. There are only a couple of shows that aren't excellent, IMO.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

agree - The morning show is great- very informative. The baseball fantasy show is the only one that drags. Kennedy /Dibble is not bad either.

All the show great guests because hosts are all well connected.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. That's a fantastic show.

5. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I've never heard it, but then again, we don't have a monitor in here. [/John Sterling]

6. markvid

markvid Guest

"It is high, it is far to left, right"

--John Sterling

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I really like MLB Homeplate, but not on the weekends. Mark Gray is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Dude has Stephen A. Smith disease, feeling like he has to yell out his words to make a point.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Damn that was a well-placed jab. :D

9. Always liked Steiner.
    Added musical historical note -- Charlie grew up in Woodstock, NY, around the corner from the house made famous as Big Pink.

10. When Tony K had his radio show on ESPN he and Steiner would do New York segments. Steiner also made some solid contributions to Mr. Tony's Internet Show.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Yes, but has Evander Holyfield ever been on his show? He still wants to give him a whuppin'

12. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Yes ... Fantasy Focus is waaaaaaay too geeky ... and the guests are easily the least informed baseball people to ever have voice on the station. It's especially obvious sitting where it does ... between the morning show and he Dibble/Kennedy show. Those shows have some of the most knowledgable minds in the game on as guests, and then FF brings in some tool who has never actually been inside a clubhouse unless he paid to take the tour. And I guess that's the point of the show, but it just seems out of place. Ahh well, at least it gives me time to explore all the other channels.

A show I've really grown to like is "Minors and Majors" on Saturday morning. It can be really ponderous, but the host does a shitload of homework and has MLB scouts on as guests, which makes for fascinating, intelligent (or dismal, can't-get-back-to-Big Tracks-fast enough) radio.

Draft saved Draft deleted