1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charleston Airport evacuated; WV woman detained with explosive liquids

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

[​IMG]

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I don't know about that but your David Brent sig is hilarious. Great TV moment.

3. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

I tip my cap to you, sir.

[​IMG]

4. It never ceases to amaze how Bush is supposed to be a moron and a genius, all at the same time.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Of the pair in question, Rove's the genius.

Of course, so was Harry Daugherty.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Lest there be any confusion in the future . . .

Anything diabolical that the administration does comes from Bush's handlers.

Bush is, always was, and always will be, an idiot.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Bush: Well you boys topped yourselves today. When you scare those folks in middle 'Merica, good working class people, that's when we strike gold. Helluva job!
    Sub-Department of State, Scare The Shit Out Of 'Merica Division: All in a days' work, boss. Say, can we get a raise on our mileage rate? These gas prices are killing us.
    Bush: (coughs) Fuck you said what? I gotta go, I got an important T-ball game to attend. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next. (mumbles) ingrate assholes ...

8. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Please get Charleston out of the incriminating thread title.

That's Suckington.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

And just so everyone is aware: It all turns out to be a cosmetic kit. No liquid explosives. No bombs. Just a cosmetic kit.

Side bar:
    For all that we have been hearing about "not having the technology to keep up with terrorists" why is it that the White House, airports in Japan and a few other locations have liquid explosive detectors? Yet, we are to believe that we can't get them for the airports here.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Is the media ever right? I mean, ever? How do stories that appear on cnn.com and television stations and news websites report 'liquids' when its a cosmetic kit?

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Run it. Worry about it later.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It was ran through two tests and the reports provided by whichever department ran the tests said it was liquid explosives. The woman involved was of Pakistani origin.

So, you add the two together and you can believe that you have a fairly reliable story to run with.

What is so odd about this would be the fact that the JonBenet "killer" was still the headline story on CNN.com, FOXNews.com and MSNBC.com despite the idea the fact that this, were it actually true, should have been headline news.

Draft saved Draft deleted