1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charity begins at home, ends in Kroger parking lot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Guy who ran a ministry to feed the needy decided to give away some food to the woman behind him in the checkout. Naturally the (now-ex) manager decided the best reaction was to bust "his head open."

http://ww2.ajcmobile.com/wap/news/text.jsp?sid=1001&nid=159344286&cid=3195&scid=-1&ith=2&title=Latest+News&headtitle=Latest+News

2. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Stuff like this just makes me shake my head. What was the guy thinking?

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Ex-manager needs his ass kicked. What a dick.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You're a fucking idiot. On everything. But hey, let's just assume a small town in Georgia is racist without doing any googling.

Here, let me help you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_City,_Georgia

This is less than 15 miles from my house. And I'm going to go ahead and repeat that Stitch is a fucking idiot.

5. imjustagirl

Congratulations on learning to read? What's your point?

6. imjustagirl

So every conflict between people of different races is racist? I broke up with my last boyfriend because I'm racist?

You're an idiot.

7. imjustagirl

So you really have no defense for your "racism played a role" other than because one was white and one was black?

Got it.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I thought you broke up with Ryan Howard because teh Punto came to a major market team.

9. imjustagirl

I broke up with Ryan Howard because he got engaged to an Eagles cheerleader.

I mean, a girl's got to have standards. And I could never date anyone who would date an Eagles cheerleader.

10. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

It's 2012. Do people really still beef on the few internet message boards that still exist? I guess print journalists really can't help but lag behind the times.

11. imjustagirl

It's 2012. Do people still use the word "beef?"

Stitch: I'll try to type slowly. Your post CAME ACROSS as "it must be racist because it's Georgia." It also CAME ACROSS as uneducated and ignorant. Your post obviously wasn't made as a specific comment about one person whom you know nothing about, and about which nothing racial was intimated in the article. Therefore, it CAME ACROSS as being a blanket judgment based on location.

True or false?

12. imjustagirl

Also, I haven't been a "print journalist" for four years. But thanks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.