1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charity begins at home, ends in Kroger parking lot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Guy who ran a ministry to feed the needy decided to give away some food to the woman behind him in the checkout. Naturally the (now-ex) manager decided the best reaction was to bust "his head open."

2. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Stuff like this just makes me shake my head. What was the guy thinking?
  3. SixToe

SixToe Active Member

Ex-manager needs his ass kicked. What a dick.
  4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You're a fucking idiot. On everything. But hey, let's just assume a small town in Georgia is racist without doing any googling.

Here, let me help you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_City,_Georgia

This is less than 15 miles from my house. And I'm going to go ahead and repeat that Stitch is a fucking idiot.
  5. imjustagirl

Congratulations on learning to read? What's your point?
  6. imjustagirl

So every conflict between people of different races is racist? I broke up with my last boyfriend because I'm racist?

You're an idiot.
  7. imjustagirl

So you really have no defense for your "racism played a role" other than because one was white and one was black?

Got it.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I thought you broke up with Ryan Howard because teh Punto came to a major market team.
  9. imjustagirl

I broke up with Ryan Howard because he got engaged to an Eagles cheerleader.

I mean, a girl's got to have standards. And I could never date anyone who would date an Eagles cheerleader.
  10. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

It's 2012. Do people really still beef on the few internet message boards that still exist? I guess print journalists really can't help but lag behind the times.
  11. imjustagirl

It's 2012. Do people still use the word "beef?"

Stitch: I'll try to type slowly. Your post CAME ACROSS as "it must be racist because it's Georgia." It also CAME ACROSS as uneducated and ignorant. Your post obviously wasn't made as a specific comment about one person whom you know nothing about, and about which nothing racial was intimated in the article. Therefore, it CAME ACROSS as being a blanket judgment based on location.

True or false?
  12. imjustagirl

Also, I haven't been a "print journalist" for four years. But thanks?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.