1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chappelle's Show return

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Driver 8, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Driver 8

Driver 8 Member

From what I saw tonight in the first of the "lost" episodes, maybe it's a good idea that the show went away.

Anyone else watch?

I am happy that Reno 911 is back.

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I was disappointed; next week's episode looks better. Of course, these are half-finished sketches or whatever.

3. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

The last skit on Tupac was lame.

Thought it was kind of funny, but you can see how it's all about his battle with the Comedy Central people. I'm surprised they aired it ... tons of deleted cusswords and use of the 'n-word.'

I'll continue to watch, though.

4. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

Ha, I'm watching it right now. He just drop-kicked a baby and pushed a guy in a wheelchair down the stairs. That's comedy. ;D

AF, I'm not just disagreeing to be a dick here, but I actually thought the Tupac skit was really funny. To each his own, I guess.

5. chubster

chubster Member

I second that ... the Tupac skit was funny. The show overall was pretty good.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Echo the recent sentiments toward the Tupac skit. Funny, funny shit.

EDIT: Was that ?uestlove as the DJ?

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The 2Pac skit was funny, but the rest of the show left a lot to be desired.
    Two thoughts:
    1. Did we need to have 5 commercial breaks in a 27 minute show? I guess I have been watching too much World Cup.
    2. Charlie Murphy has been a staple on the episodes I've seen. Does his hosting "tonight's" show mean Dave hates him now?

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Charlie Murphy dissed Chappelle on Nick Cannon's show about 3 months ago.

9. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

I thought tonight's show was highly mediocre. There was a commercial break every three seconds and the bits weren't especially funny. I'm sure dave (and tupac for that matter) would point out that just because something was taped doesn't meant it ever needed to see the light of day. I'd be willing to bet some of this stuff on the "new season" would never have been seen if Chappelle had gone through the course of recording a normal full season worth of material -- including the stuff that got sent to the shitcan.

10. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

More recently Charlie said he and Dave were still real close. Neal Brennan, however, said he's never working with Chappelle again.

11. leo1

leo1 Active Member

look, there's a reason these bits never aired while chapelle was running things.

the first one about being rich was funny because of how prescient it was. the revenge one didn't make me so much as crack a smile. throwing the guy in the wheelchair down the stairs made me cringe. i liked the tupac bit.

the funniest thing might've been the opening with the two guys and one of them says 'he ain't coming' and later we see the real opening musicians tied up.

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Yessir.

I thought the Tupac skit was great, although the rap could've been funnier. Great premise, though. I also thought Tron explaining how Method Man assaulted him was hilarious. I wanted to hear about the rusty screwdriver through the tongue.

Draft saved Draft deleted