1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Changes at the Trib?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by cubman, Sep 20, 2006.

1. cubman

cubman Member

Now on ChicagoSports.com David Haugh is listed as the Bears beat writer, not K.C. Johnson. K.C.'s done a few Bulls articles lately, and John Mullin was the name I'd seen with the Bears almost exclusively the past week or so. What happens to Marlen Garcia if K.C. is back on the Bulls beat?
    Any of our Chicagoland posters know anything about the shuffling? Seems like an odd time for it, what with the Bears season just two games old.

2. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Haugh's the Bears beat writer? That doesn't sound right. He appears to be more of a specialized Bears columnist, a developmental role, I have taken it as, for larger things in the near future.

3. cubman

cubman Member

I was surprised at that as well. I've very much enjoyed his personality/issue pieces the past few years since the Trib took him off the full-time Bears beat. But this was the impression I got the Web site, that he's back on that beat again.

4. rgd

rgd Guest

I think Haugh was the Bears beat writer two or three years ago, then he seemed to do more general assignments/Bears stuff. I'm a big fan of his work. (And no, I'm not him.)

5. accguy

accguy Member

Spies at the Trib Tower tell me that Haugh is back on the Bears beat, K.J. Johnson is back on the Bulls and Marlen Garcia (who has some arthritis health issues) is doing enterprise.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And he's already gotten off to an inauspicious start. Yesterday he mentioned a note from a reader calling Berrian's leap into the Soldier Field stands "The Lake Shore Dive." Unfortunately, a columnist from the Daily Southtown coined the phrase in Monday's column.

Draft saved Draft deleted