1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chad Johnson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Oct 21, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Berman's a blithering idiot.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If Meshawn was going to question a wideout's effect on a team, he should talk to Terrell Owens. Chad Johnson is fun, and the league's never-ending hunger to fine him has become old. CJ is fun. Period.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You know what: I'm sure this puts me in the distinct minority, but I thought Key asked tougher questions than anyone in that studio besides Mort might have. That includes TJ. He was way tougher than Rachel Nichols would have been. It gets lost because of the messenger, but he did actually do all the thing Irvin never would when he'd get those fluff pieces. I understand why it's impossible to view it without factoring Key into the equation.

4. Good point on the tough questions, but still they were directed at the wrong person by the wrong person. If Keyshawn put that microscope on T.O in Philly or Randy in Minn., I wouldn't have cared ... but Chad Johnson isn't doing anything to cost him team victories. The offense is playing well.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He wasn't asking questions so much as passing judgment. He wasn't interviewing Chad Johnson.

They are cousins. It's clear ESPN knew things could be confrontational without really being confrontational.

It was a lousy job, even for ESPN. And I like Keyshawn Johnson for the most part.

6. He's actually pretty funny - much better than Irvin. His interaction and mock scoldings by Parcells are golden. This just reeked.

7. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Chad is especially fun when he's arguing (reportedly scuffling) with his position coach at halftime of the franchise's first playoff game in like 100 years, with his team winning by 3. The problem: Chad's not getting enough balls thrown his way.
    Ultimately, his team loses, but everyone has a good time! Especially the Pittsburgh fans!
    He's also fun when his team is in a competitive game with the best team in football and he runs the wrong route, then screams at his QB on national TV on the sideline and on the way off the field at halftime.
    And more Chad hilarity comes when he screws up yet again and his coach tries to stop him and speak with him, and Chad tears his arm away and walks past him to sit down. Such hijinks!
    And just to finish it off, Chad runs a soft route that leads to a game-ending pick for his QB vs. the god-awful KC Chiefs.
    Man, that Chad! He's so much fun he should have his own sitcom!

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The Irvin interview that I'm sure sticks out in all our minds is the T.O. interview. What's the fucking point of sending a "reporter" out there, who is either a family member or an admitted friend of the subject. Obviously, and this is nothing new, ESPN doesn't give a fuck about journalistic integrity.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

write-brained, I squirmed during that bit. It was uncomfortable to watch. Keyshawn is not an attorney, and he's not brain-deficient like Irvin, either. He should have just asked the questions. It really was shite. I'm amazed there's not more talk about this.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wayne may not even know Meshawn's name at this point.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I won't deny that CJ has plenty of diva moments.

There aren't too many WRs who are completely understanding team players during the moments you've described. Marvin Harrison, Hines Ward and Torry Holt are the first names to come to mind. CJ can be rough on Carson Palmer and the coaching staff at times. But does he go out of his way to chuck them in front of the train following losses?

Keyshawn can save those questions for Terrell Owens. We haven't seen how Randy Moss will react because the Patriots are kinda flying high. We'll see how much he's grown up only when New England hits a slump.

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Thanks, Sam, for underscoring my point.
    Marvin Harrison. Hines Ward. Torry Holt.
    What do they have in common, aside from not being divas?
    Yeah, you won't have to think too hard.
    Show me the long list of diva WRs who've won Super Bowls since, say, 1999 when Holt got his.
    I'll spot you Keyshawn.
    I'm doubting you can double the list.

Draft saved Draft deleted