1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CFB Week 12 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by king cranium maximus IV, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Is Phil Knight throwing in the obligatory pearl necklace?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

VT, Maryland and BC are the only teams that control their fate in terms of getting to Tampa. Miami needs to win out and have UNC lose once. UNC needs VT to slip. The rest of it is too confusing for me to comprehend without another cup of coffee.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Funny funny stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I think it is time the MAC gets some better bowl tie-ins.

No. 16 Ball State 10-0
    Unranked CMU 8-2, 6-0 MAC (losses to Georgia and Purdue) beat Indiana
    Unranked Western Michigan 8-2, 5-1 MAC (loses to CMU and Nebraska ) beat Illinois.

The top team will go to the Motor City Bowl. I think they need to work on that. I don't think anybody wants to see a MAC team play the No.7 big ten team anymore. Maybe that's just me.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Then they've got to start beating the Georgias with a little more regularity. Gotta earn it to be in it.

6. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

You make a good point, but the MAC is pretty top-heavy this year. The East is total shit this year, and other than NIU, the rest of the West is pretty sorry.
    Maybe the Nate Davis and Dan Lefevours of the conference will attract better recruits, but it hasn't been solid as a conference since the Burner Turner, Big Ben and Omar Jacobs/Josh Harris days.

7. Is it just me or does this week really blow?
    I mean, unless Jeebus makes Oz really happy against Texas, there's not a compelling game on the sked that I can see.

8. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

That's why gameday is at...FAMU vs Hampton.

9. That actually makes me happy.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Virginia Tech-Miami is honestly probably one of the better games of the week ... And there's always a Big South doubleheader on MASN Saturday. Yikes.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

What are you talking about, the Cortaca Jug is on the line this Saturday!

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

GO BOMBERS!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted