1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CFB Week 11 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Nov 4, 2008.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Pretty close.

Actually, I made him become an LSU fan. Working out perfect so far for the Tigers. :)

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I've been able to do that the past two years, since beats were changed. It's a blast. Tailgate, have a few beers, go down to the field with my son after the games while he runs around, and then have a beer or two waiting while the traffic thins out. Wjo knew CFB could be so much fun?

And yes, go Bulls. Willey tied Marty Barrett's school TD pass record tonight. Barrett is a scout for the Bears, and a good guy.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Buffalo is 5-4 ... a win at Akron (4-4), at Bowling Green (4-5) or home to Kent State (2-7) and the Bulls are bowl-eligible. Two out of three probably gets them to the MAC championship game.

Is 10 wins in two years at Buffalo enough for Coach of the Year consideration?

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

It was enough to get Gill a look-see at his alma mater's head coaching job last offseason. Buffalo thanks Tom Osborne for making a different choice. Don't know about national awards, but if the Bulls make it to Detroit, I'd say he definitely has a shot at some love from the MAC voters.

And four years ago, I couldn't give Bulls tickets away.

5. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

So let it be written, so let it be done!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Gill might be the CFL coach in Toronto next year.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Probably not, because the general nationwide attitude toward Buffalo is still, "They are DI-A?" But Turner Gill is a class act and an excellent football coach. Hopefully he is popping up on some radar screens.

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Really? Hadn't heard that one. (Edit: guess I should have read yesterday's Star.) His familiarity with the three-down game would help, of course.

Interesting ...

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Hopefully Gill stays after this season and Manuel better give him a raise. If he stays, Buffalo has a shot at being the class of the MAC. The Bulls could be 7-2 with close losses to Western Michigan and Central Michigan. I wish UB was playing Ball State to see how it measures up against BSU.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

K-State?

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Minnesota - Michigan? Geez slappy... I hope you've been married a while otherwise she might leave you.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I always promised her a Michigan game... never said where...

Draft saved Draft deleted