1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Certainly promises to be an interesting read

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Aug 4, 2006.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

L.A. Observed writes about a piece coming Sunday in the LAT Magazine in an item called:

Joe Francis goes wild on LAT writer.

It describes an amazing scene between Francis (Girls Gone Wild) and business writer Claire Hoffman.

http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2006/08/joe_francis_goes_wild_on.php

Story promises to be an interesting one based on this excerpt. So not to bury the lead, but here's the whole piece:

http://www.latimes.com/features/mag...2aug06,0,2664370.story?coll=la-home-headlines

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

"I'm sorry, baby. Give me a kiss."

When reading this, did anyone else feel like Francis comes off like Tim Meadows' impersonation of Ike Turner?

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm sorry, Kevin Nealon."

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Loved that last sentence.

Guy seems like a hardcore coker, too.

4. satchmo

satchmo Member

There was such a strong disconnect between the beginning of the story and the end that I almost didn't make it there. The only reason I continued past the part about the sociologist is because I noticed that she wrapped things up at the end when I looked to see if there was a shirttail at the end. This sort of narrative non-fictional account is just that more powerful when the right reporting is done to back it up. I hope in the print version there were subheads or breakouts or something to make it easier to read. But, overall, I thought it was good. And, that dude's a dickhead.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Good read. That dude sounds like human sewerage.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If you'd ever seen one of his videos, you'd have left out the "sounds like."

I know a couple of people in the X-rated biz and they absolutely despise the guy.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wow. Guess what hotel I'm staying at when Ms. Slappy and I head to PCB next weekend...

EDIT: What a fascinating story... this guy is a sleaze beyond belief.... outstanding work by the reporter -- sorry that she had to go to those lengths to get it.

8. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

That's one of the best stories I've read in quite some time. Very well done.

9. Sly

Sly Active Member

That girls are so willing and think it's an honor to be on Girls Gone Wild does not speak well for our society. The girl who was assaulted in the story has a myspace page that is just frightening. You wonder if these kids have any brains whatsoever.

10. Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum Member

That dude someday is going to end up on the wrong end of a redneck daddy's shotgun.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

One can only hope

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ot's not going to end well for that guy, and it might end soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted