1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CEO Vivian Schiller out at NPR

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Huh?? O'keefe has a great future as an investigative reporter.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Filming gotcha videos is not doing investigative reporting. He's closer to Alan Funt than Woodward and Bernstein.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Schiller! Dude! You've been Punk'd!"

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

O'Keefe is a piece of shit.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

O'Keefe has no credibility. The only job I'd hire him for would be plumber if I had been maintenance superintendent at the Watergate.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

CNN and MSNBC were thrilled by the guy who "punk'd" the Wisconsin Governor.

I'm not surprised that O'Keefe hasn't been celebrated the same way.

Meanwhile, Walker just got his vote last night while ACORN has been discredited and two top executives are out at NPR. The future of NPR's federal funding is also at stake and this episode may have an impact.

Now, I understand that his methods are far from orthodox. But, maybe he's asking questions -- and getting answers -- that the mainstream press should be asking.

The mainstream press has far more resources than this guy with a video camera. Why aren't the curious about the goings on at ACORN, NPR, or Planned Parenthood, all of which received large amounts of Federal dollars.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I hope O'Keefe ambushes the wrong person someday and get his punk ass kicked.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Then Mike Wallace should have served life. As has been pointed out, this is standard 60 Minutes tactics. No more. No less.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Or closer to 60 Minutes. Or 20-20. Take your pick.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Above views expressed because O'Keefe is going after liberals. If this was someone infiltrating Tea Party meetings or officials, you guys would be throwing him a parade.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Exactly- as YF said above the liberals loved it when Walker was punked by Koch imitator.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Not even close. Not in the same zip code as the stadium.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.