1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cell phones: bad for your brain ... uh, wait a minute on that. Maybe not so bad.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 7, 2010.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

New study suggests it's possible that using cell phones may help prevent some of the effects of Alzheimer's disease.

Caveat: So far, results only found in mice.

Caveat to the caveat: The mice in question were genetically modified to develop Alzheimer's disease for lab testing purposes.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE6055PJ20100106?pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=0&sp=true

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I like this better than imagining the walnut-shaped tumor my four hours a day on the phone has formed on the right side of my brain.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

My provider sucks so bad at my house I just say fuck it and use the land line. Hell, I'm paying for 60 free long distance minutes a month, might as well use them. Only reason I have a land line is for my DSL.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I hate it when I get behind a mouse driving in the left lane and then when I finally pass it on the right it's talking on the cell phone. But at least he's less likely to get alzheimer's.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

As usual, you're . . .

[​IMG]

:D

Not a mouse, but a hamster.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That gave me one hell of a laugh. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014