1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cell phones: bad for your brain ... uh, wait a minute on that. Maybe not so bad.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 7, 2010.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

New study suggests it's possible that using cell phones may help prevent some of the effects of Alzheimer's disease.

Caveat: So far, results only found in mice.

Caveat to the caveat: The mice in question were genetically modified to develop Alzheimer's disease for lab testing purposes.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I like this better than imagining the walnut-shaped tumor my four hours a day on the phone has formed on the right side of my brain.
  3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

My provider sucks so bad at my house I just say fuck it and use the land line. Hell, I'm paying for 60 free long distance minutes a month, might as well use them. Only reason I have a land line is for my DSL.
  4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I hate it when I get behind a mouse driving in the left lane and then when I finally pass it on the right it's talking on the cell phone. But at least he's less likely to get alzheimer's.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

As usual, you're . . .

Not a mouse, but a hamster.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That gave me one hell of a laugh. :D
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted