1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cell phone question...I've looked everywhere and can't figure it out

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jun 6, 2009.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Put it on vibrate and you won't have to worry about it. /hatecellphonesringing

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Get a Verizon phone. (hey, it puts food on my table!)

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Thanks, Boom.

I tried that and can't find any options when I go into my voice-mail that works.

This has become a quest for the Holy Grail.

I'm officially obsessed.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Have you checked your pants? That's where my phone usually is when I can't find it.

Oh, wait. Never mind.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I was really hoping you were going to ask if you can bring your cell phone into the ocean with you when you go swimming. Because I just found out the other day that, no, in fact you can't do that if you hope to ever have it work again. And since I have no land line in my apartment, I'm now incommunicado until I get paid on Thursday. FML.

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

He lives in CANADA.
    No VZW.

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Got it. Thanks. ;)

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

JIOGGLE TEH CORDSZ@!!@!ONE!

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You can on Harper's Island.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Thought this was a good thread to pose this question......

I currently have Verizon service and one of those old Razr phones. Love the phone. Love the service. But my service flat-out blows ass in my condo. Great everywhere else. Crappy in the condo. I have to walk to the back room to avoid dropped calls.

Here's my question....will upgrading to a newer phone erase that problem, or will I get crappy coverage with any phone? I've thought about switching to AT&T, with which I could get great service in my condo. A buddy has AT&T and he's been over and his phone gets all four bars. I'd rather stay with Verizon, though.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Perhaps you need a bigger condo so the full Verizon service team can fit.

[​IMG]

My advise would be to get a new phone and just try it. Verizon allows returns with full money back I believe within 7 days.

Best prices are on Verizon Web site. Some good deals. Order in a.m. you will have via Fed Ex the next day.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Try the help menu. That's what I always had to do with my blackberry.

Draft saved Draft deleted