1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebrity Political Endorsements

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Nobody could swing my opinion... But, I'll bet Oprah will be able to convince an awful lot of women to support Obama...

Most celebrity endorsements backfire... I remember that concert they had for Kerrey in 2004 with Bono and Green Day and Springsteen and just about every huge musical act and it didn't do him a bit of good...

By the same token, I have a hard time remembering too many celebs stumping for Bush in either election.

2. Another damn actor who failed to understand the issues.

[​IMG]

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

People laughed when he was elected. The guy has done a hell of a job...

4. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I didn't say anything about the job he's doing. The point is he has nothing in his past that would make him "qualified" as described by hondo. For the record, based on what I know about his tenure he's done a solid job and has been very bipartisan.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Heh.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I would say he gathered some experience before becoming President. And somehow, Tim Robbins wouldn't strike the same confidence in me ... just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I just want to see how social conservatives react if there's another WWE scandal right around a Ric Flair campaign appearance with Huck.

Draft saved Draft deleted