1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebrity Apprentice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bagelchick, Mar 15, 2010.

1. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I agree on the 2-hour thing. I'd much prefer it be condensed down to 1 hour. Thank god for TiVo.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I watched it in about 35 minutes. As if we needed more proof that Darryl Strawberry was a loser.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I think someone needs to keep an eye on Darryl. Wow.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i think i remember apprentice being 2 hours last season, too.

and necessary roughness doesn't even merit being called mediocre. and it was a traffic and parking clusterfuck while filming on campus.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I don't know why I keep watching this when that pompous ass Trump keeps pissing me off.

How can someone speak out of both sides of his mouth and his ass at the same time?

He's pissed that Sharon Osbourne missed a task because she's sick, but says he won't fire her.

Michael Johnson has to go home for a family emergency and Donald flippantly asks if he's arguing with his wife. He then fires Johnson, not giving the same consideration he gave to Osbourne because she is more interesting on the show.

I'm glad Johnson put his family first, unlike Bret Michaels, who would rather pimp himself out on another reality show then go be with his daughter, who may have diabetes.

Finally, Trump fires Selita Ebanks because she's not as interesting on TV as the two others who should have been fired.

What a tool.

One other question from Sunday, if Right Guard wants to market its new product to 12 to 18 years olds, why bring out Scottie Pippin and Clyde Drexler? Great players, but does that age group know or care who these guys are?

6. Mizzougrad96

What was Lauper's deal? They said something about her being with the president, but I only watched the last 10 minutes.

BTW, they film this whole thing in two weeks, so it's not like these people are gone for that long. It's not like the original apprentice, where they were on the hook for 10-12 weeks.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Lauper went to DC because Obama was signing a hate crime bill she had lobbied for. So she and Sharon were excused from the task, while someone who worked on it got fired.

It's pretty funny that all these alleged celebs fall all over themselves to get on the show, and when they realize they actually have to work, they all bail. These are people who have spent their entire adult lives on the road, committed to various professional events. And suddenly they all have family commitments and illnesses and issues? Please. They just don't want to be there.

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

are you sure about that? i didn't hear anything about fighting with his wife.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Yeah, he didn't say wife, he asked if 'the mother' was giving him a hard time.

10. Mizzougrad96

Agreed. They want the publicity and they're not used to having to work 12-14 hour days for something that they're essentially not getting paid to do.

Even the amount of money given to the charities is very, very low considering this is a successful network show.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Anyone still watching?

Donald trotted out another son Sunday and amazingly, Eric looked like bigger douche than Donald Jr., and added about as much to the show.

Ivanka must be adopted, because she seems bright while her brothers are tools.

And kudos to Bret Michaels for saying F you to a brain hemorrhage.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I watch every week. Love that show.

Bitter that Summer Sanders is gone. Man, I love me some Summer Sanders.

Draft saved Draft deleted