1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Celeb" national anthems

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micke77, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

voice of reason.

2. Faithless

Faithless Member

Martina McBride sang the national anthem before the Titans' "Music City Miracle" playoff game. I was at the game, and I was blown away by her singing. Plus, she looked smokin' hot in her Al Del Greco jersey.

As for Jennifer Hudson, it was a good performance by a lip-syncher.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1604041/20090202/hudson__jennifer.jhtml

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

You get no credit from me if you don't do it live. Anyone can go into a studio and sound phenomenal with enough takes.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Fuck her.

Jesus, what a fucking fraud.

Good luck at next year's chili cook off.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'd love to see you try to do it live with the reverberations in a stadium.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, and fuck Faith Hill too! I mean, how dare they do what the producer tells them to!

Christ, guys. If they had sung live and something had happened to the music or the microphone or something else, you'd have strung them up for that.

Producer's call.

(thank you, 'beetus)

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Expecting it live is completely unrealistic. It sounded great and seemingly everyone enjoyed it. What's so wrong with that?

8. Grimace

Grimace Guest

I read that somewhere in the day after stories. I thought it was common knowledge. It's not surprising, but it definitely takes away from it. Bascially, she recorded the song in a studio and what we saw on Sunday was Hudson just moving her lips. Or I don't know, maybe she was singing but the mic wasn't plugged in. I'm not sure how it works.

9. 93Devil

So Bruce was just moving his lips?

10. 93Devil

Why shuffle her out onto the field?

Just have someone hit play on their Ipod like is done at every shitty high school or college game in the nation.

What pisses me off is that there are hundreds, maybe thousands of people out there who could do a great job and be willing to sing it live. But we get a taped copy.

And if it was the producer's call, f him, too. And since when do these superstars listen to producers?

11. Grimace

Grimace Guest

It was almost as fake as the fumble call on Warner. I went there!

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

They're showing her there in the stadium and it sure looks like she's singing. Goin' through the motions awfully well. But it's all a fake. A fraud.

Just be up front with me. Run a scroll across the bottom of the screen that simply gives her credit for what's going on: This version of the national anthem was recorded. This is no different than everyone being upset when a game is shown on tape delay with no indication of such.

Draft saved Draft deleted