1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CD-Rom golf game suggestions?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 85bears, Jul 7, 2006.

1. 85bears

85bears Member

On a light note, looking for a good golf game to waste away the hours with. I am completely, completely unfamiliar with the video game world, though. Suggestions from the game junkies on here?

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The Links has always been a good series. I think the latest one out is 2004, but you can get a ton of real courses through add-on packs.

Pretty easy to play too.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Links is indeed incredible, especially with the add-ons. And even better, I think, are some of the player-created courses which are available from a variety of Web sites.

4. 85bears

85bears Member

Really? Sounds cool. What kinds of courses are out there and where does one find them? Is it something where people have recreated, say, Augusta or Pebble Beach or St. Andrews?

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If you get the 2004 deluxe edition it has about 18 courses or so (maybe more, can't remember), and then fan Web sites (just do a Web search) have virtually any other course you can imagine, both real and imaginary.

6. 85bears

85bears Member

I'm trying to find some of those fan sites just to see what's out there, but it's tough because "links" is such a big Web word.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Having trouble doing searches here at work, but I know if you go to www.gamewinners.com, you should get a good start from there.

8. Hank_Scorpio

There's probably about 30 courses (plus the fan created ones). You get about 10 or so with the original game and then there's at least two 10-course add-ons.

Links 2003

These are the courses in one of the 10 course add ons:
    Bountiful Golf Club
    Castle Pines Golf Club
    Entrada at Snow Canyon
    Firestone Country Club
    Kapalua Plantation
    Kapalua Village
    Latrobe Country Club
    Pinehurst NO. 2
    Sea Island (The Cloister)
    Three Canyons Fantasy Course

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I always liked the miniature golf game for the Atari 2600. I may still have it somewhere.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Pebble and St. Andrews are part of the game (either the original or add on, don't remember which).

Augusta has never been a part of any golf game (but Id guess some fan has made one).

Oh and bears, try searching Links LS, instead of just links. Links LS is the complete name.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You can also download Links courses for free...
    I have played such beauties as Oakland Hills North, Forest Akers, Oakmont, Bethpage Black, Pebble Beach, Torrey Pines, Pinehurst 2, and Augusta for free...

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

From where, slap..... that list there is impressive.

Draft saved Draft deleted