1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBS and Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tom Petty, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Gold

Gold Active Member

I agree with you, Moddy. Those things are expensive and you know when you buy them, you are going to see it $500 cheaper in six months.

My wife, like Moddy's wife, must think we make a lot more money than we really receive.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

3. da el g

da el g Member

my wife turned it on yesterday afternoon, I rolled my eyes and told her the only people watching this are either gay or Subaru drivers, I only watched for 2 hours and this site and many of the sports blogs commented on it today, guess I am out of touch

there was commentary by the legendary Harry Kalas

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

5. da el g

da el g Member

blue sarcasm font needed

6. Gold

Gold Active Member

My 12-year-old daughter watched it, and she loved it.

And with Harry Kalas doing the play-by-play, Animal Planet had a better announcer than CBS.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

I talked to 2 people who were there. They said it was brutal. Cable Cam went down as did one sideline cam that overheated because it was covered.
    They also said as soon as they would wipe their lenses, they would be covered again.
    Notice we never complain about this on a regular season game? :)

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

CBS had a very bad day. Now that I've had a day to think about, in this day and age that broadcast shoul be an embarrisment to CBS.

Everyone in CBS sports should be hanging their heads in shame today.

Their are many people who saw HD tv for first time while watching Super Bowl and are now wondering what the big deal is. When it works HD is great but it still seems very spotty from technical standpoint. A lot of uncontroables that must give directors and producers fits.

I love Phil Sims but I do not think he correctly told the story of what was happening on field .

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

markvid, Wow, I didn't even miss cable cam.

30 seconds before kickoff Steve Tasker is doing an interview... The world is watching... and his mic peters out. It sounded like a classic dead battery.

Millions in rights fees... millions in production costs... and the success of the telecast hinges on a .72 cent 9-volt battery.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

and the weather.

11. tommyp

tommyp Member

That was Wilcots' mike that went out. He was trying to interview Urlacher.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

any way you look at it, the coverage sucked major dong. CBS can rot in hell as far as i'm concerned for ruining what should have been a great day for millions of people.

Draft saved Draft deleted