1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBI field?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 16, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh to be a fly on the wall in that meeting.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

i ammended it to an hour and a half ago that was the situation. Not sure what's going on now.

3. I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be snide. That's just as much help as I could give.

4. EStreetJoe

I know you weren't trying to be snide and I was just letting you know we already tried that. I'm watching the tournament's web site and our writer is still hanging with the coach (I hope) awaiting word.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My guess is there's some bluffsmanship going on -- any BCS-conference teams eligible to play are probably telling the CBI, "you just forget about that $60,000 fee, maybe we'll think about it."

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Utah is in and the SLTrib implies that Seton Hall, Nevada and UTEP are probables

http://www.sltrib.com/utahutes/ci_8596883

7. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

Wikipedia had a list up but just took it down.

Here's some that I remember:
    Virginia, Brown, Houston, UNC-Wilmington, Utah

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

If you've got the money, what's the harm in playing in this thing? More practice for next season, if nothing else. Hell ... don't play your seniors, and start on next season. Or go the other route and play some senior walk-ons who busted their ass for four seasons. Why not?

9. EStreetJoe

Brown's in
    http://brownbears.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/031608aaa.html
    Providence, Rhode Island - After posting a school record 19 wins, the Brown men's basketball team has accepted an invitation to compete in the inaugural College Basketball Invitational (CBI). The pairings for the tournament will be announced later this evening.

10. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Yep, it was taken down, but somebody just posted that "Clemmons Middle School defeats UVagina 90-40"

Wiseguys.

Clock's ticking, CBI, you've got 2 minutes to fulfill that promise of announcing the bracket on March 16.

11. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

List back up.

Brown, Wagner, UNC-Wilmington, Southern Miss, Houston, Richmond, Utah, Nevada, Seton Hall, UTEP, Bradley, Ohio, IUPUI, and Virginia

12. EStreetJoe

Houston's in
    http://uhcougars.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/031508aaa.html
    HOUSTON - The University of Houston men's basketball team accepted an invitation to compete at the 2008 College Basketball Invitational, director of athletics Dave Maggard and head coach Tom Penders announced Saturday evening.

While the Cougars' first-round opponent and time have not yet been announced, UH knows it will make its first CBI appearance on the road. The Cougars' opponent and other game information is expected to be announced by Sunday night.

Draft saved Draft deleted