1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cavs' owner gives fans blue balls

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 24, 2010.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No, this isn't about the team's inept performance on the court, which Byron Scott admits hasn't even reached the low point yet.

It's about Dec. 2, when LeBron returns to Cleveland with the Heat.

After penning a scathing letter ripping LeBron and vowing a curse will follow the "self-proclaimed former" king to Miami, Gilbert bans anti-LeBron signs and clothes from The Q. Sounds like Operation TSA is underway, as there will be dozens of extra police on hand as well as Cavs officials scouring the entrances and stands to disarm people with such items.

Some senior VP actually has to say the Cavs don't want to create a police state.

http://es.pn/h09Mkx

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So LeBron James can orchestrate a national teevee production dedicated almost entirely to shoving his schlong in the face of the city of Cleveland, and Cavs fans will not be allowed to wear shirts saying "LeBron Smells Funny?" What happened to the fiery angry Dan Gilbert?

Fucking bullshit. Wear whatever you want and if any security goons say anything about it, make them carry you out of the arena feet first, in full view of the cameras.

"DON'T TOUCH MY JUNK!"

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

LeBron will pull up with some minor injury or come down with an illness in the next week or so. No way he wants to make that trip.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Wow, the Drive for 72 Wins takes yet another hit. ::) ::)

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The T-shirt and signs thing, I can see getting upset over. Fans should be able to express themselves.

But I fully understand the security issue. As much as LeBron is loathed now in Cleveland, I'm sure most sane people don't want a repeat of Monica Seles.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm all for it.

Oh wait, you said sane. My bad.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

http://twitter.com/cavsdan

"ESPN headline is wrong & silly. Obviously no profanity,vulgar stuff U wouldn't want kids 2 see but we are not going 2 be the Gestapo @ The Q"

Draft saved Draft deleted