1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cats or dogs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, May 18, 2008.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why is one of the positives to having a cat that you have to earn its love? I don't hate cats but I would take a dog(and I mean dog not a yappy little mut) over a cat anyday.

2. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm living with cats for the first time, and they're cool and all, but I'll always be a dog guy. I like that dogs give you a reason to do stuff, like go outside or play ball. You can take them camping and hiking. And you get to have petting and affection time whenever you want, not whenever a cat feels like it.

I've always remembered something I read about what would happen if you died alone in your house with your pet. A dog would cry and mourn you and stay by your side and die. A cat would eventually eat you. It makes the cat smarter, but I'll take the dog.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

5. pallister

pallister Guest

No matter how bad a day I've had, or how much of an asshole I've been that day (it happens), when I open the door to my apartment when I get home, my dogs jump up and down and run in circles like I've been gone for 5 years. You'll never get that kind of gratitude from a cat, most of whom couldn't give a shit if you're dead or alive on a given day.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Just because they couldn't give a shit if YOU'RE dead or alive, pall, doesn't mean they're that way with everyone.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

This thread just got scary.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You have to earn a woman's love. Is that a positive or a negative?

It's kind of nice to think that some being loves you for some reason other than the fact that you're breathing.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Exactly, we get enough of that shit with women. Now we've got a play that game with a frickin cat too? No thanks, I prefer a dog that'll give it up unconditionally.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I refuse to choose. I love both.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Bingo!
    Please don't compare earning a womens love with earning an animals love.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm OK with it.

Not sure why the dog people have to put down cats. I don't notice nearly as much of that from cat people. We explain why we love our cats, not why we hate dogs.

Oh, and my cats greet me at the door, cuddle with me while I watch TV, watch over me when I'm sick, walk on leashes when it's sunny, make absolutely adorabe squeaking noises when they're happy and play fetch with the little fur mouse.

I can't think of a more perfect pet for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted