1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cathy Henkel leaving Seattle Times

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Oh, I know... I wasn't taking a shot at Cathy...

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i just didn't see the connect ... my bad.

and nononeyouknow, i think if a person is in the position as long as henkel was, she probably deserves a bit of the kudos as well.

3. NoOneYouKnow

NoOneYouKnow Member

Petty, I didn't say she didn't deserve credit. Just pointing out that the people, not the person, make a section great.

I would want folks to say the same about my section and people whenever I decide to hang it up. I know I deserve credit for the hires and guidance, but my staff deserves the kudos for all the great work and awards.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Moddy, as someone who worked in the Seattle market, I am not speaking from hearsay. Naming names and creating anarchy, which is what would happen because of some of the people that are on board on a daily basis, isn't great for the site and not necessary in my opinion. With that in mind, I won't mention anyone.
    You have those who liked her. You have those who didn't like her. However, she did leave a mark in the community and for that matter nationally as the paper was highly regarded as a source of information. She will be missed.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

this is a "cathy henkel leaving seattle times" thread, correct?

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

yes

7. Fisch

Fisch Member

In a note from Editor David Boardman on Friday....

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Congrats to you, Fisch, for that call-out from the big man. Make sure to have your troops' backs the way the boss seems to have yours.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Don Shelton is a good guy. Didn't give me a job when I applied there a few years back, but at least gave me the time of day, which was more than some others. I know he'll do as much as he can with the resources he's allowed.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Well at least we know he's a good judge of character.

11. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Thanks for sharing that, Fisch. Glad they decided to fill Cathy's spot and, from what I hear, Don will do a great job.

Draft saved Draft deleted