1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Catching up with Leonard Pitts Jr.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

An interview with my favorite columnist. This is in response to his being given the Cosby/Uncle Tom treatment because he dared support Oprah and her apparent dissing of rap and hip-hop.

http://www.newtimesbpb.com/blogs/?p=168

My one question that persists.

If he lives in Bowie, Md., how come he is a front-page Local columnist for the Miami Herald.

Shit... I'm happy I get to read him three times a week in the paper, but I find that odd.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Well from Bowie you're just a 15....... hour drive from Miami down 95. If you go real fast. And traffic is perfect.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

hole balata, are you standing over my shoulder? i was just reading the daily pulp a couple minutes ago before coming over to SportsJournalists.com. scary.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

That's one lively blog.

A must-read for a SoFla resident, though rife with its own inconsistencies and errors.

5. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

He might live in Maryland now, but he spent most of the last nine months as a visiting professor at Ohio University, where he taught two or three classes every quarter. Don't know what he's up to now (besides writing good stuff), but he was definitely in, and I would imagine working out of, Athens for a while.

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I think there are some other big city columnists who live outside of the circulation area -- I think Kathleen Parker of the Orlando Sentinel lives in South Carolina. Neither Pitts or Parker does columns about city hall or the state legislature, they more or less have a national view on things. Hell, when Michael Kinsley was editorial page editor of the L.A. Times, he was commuting in from Seattle.

Draft saved Draft deleted