1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

cat sends owner to hospital

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 11, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Damn right.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

This. Never. Gets. Old.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I want to see this. I will terribly amused during the whole ordeal.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm laughing at Ragu's post because one of those people who is compelled to win over any pet that is standoffish to me, no matter how much patience it takes on my part.

Took me months with a friend's Shar Pei, and even then he just came over to me, allowed a quick scratch on the head, and he stalked off. If I remember right, he said most dogs of that breed are unfriendly.

That's why I don't mind cats. The thing with them is you have to be patient and let them come around to you. My wife and I brought home a kitten a few years back and while my wife smothered the little furball with attention, I let her be. So, of course, the cat ends up disliking my wife and just about every other person she ever met except me. She followed me around all the time and pretty much had to at least be in the room with me every moment I was at home.

Of course, the little shit still ended up biting me once. We tried to bathe her. VERY bad idea. She panicked and somehow managed to get her tooth under my thumbnail. That hurt like hell. No hospital trip, but I did go to the doctor after a couple of days of pain. Cat bites are nasty.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Any pet that bites ain't worth keepin.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

cat bites are only nasty if they break the skin. Otherwise they're just uncomfortable for a couple of hours (or minutes).

7. outofplace

Depends why they bite. If an animal gives you every warning possible and you continue to do something that scares the crap out of it, you are as much to blame as the animal.

Furious as I was when my cat bit me, we should have stopped the bath as soon as she started making what I can only describe as an unearthly moan/howl. She was panicking and she had no front claws, so she defended herself the only way she knew how.

And that's the downside of declawing cats. They become more likely to bite. And of course it's only nasty if they break the skin. If they don't, it's nothing.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Much like it's owner. ;D

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Seriously, how can a cat bite you 20 times? I can see once or twice and then running away, but the cat's gonna have a broken neck before it sinks its teeth in more than 2-3 times.

10. outofplace

Agreed, from my experience. Mine got me once, then she was bouncing off a wall (hey, my wife got to her before I could...and she was fine).

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

My goodness. I'd hate to see what kind of fury my older cat could unleash if we declawed him.

I'll give him credit though. When he bites me, it's more of a play bite. He doesn't bite down. Scratching? That's another story entirely. My wrists and hands make me look suicidally dyslexic.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Not fair! I like men in general. I just hate the ones I date.

Draft saved Draft deleted