1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cat and Dog fight on the view....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, May 23, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Nice touch, John.

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

So...the fact that she's an overweight, unattractive and frequently obnoxious and annoying out of the closet lesbian effectively renders the points she makes somehow invalid?

I was never a fan of Rosie's -- and I'm still not -- but I find it difficult to dispute anything she says when she's fending off the neo-con bs that is regularly spewed by her moronic blonde colleague.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The fact that she's an idiot doesn't necessarily make her wrong, you know. ifilus hits the proverbial nail on the head.

Blind squirrels and nuts...

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Rosie's problem isn't so much the message... it's the delivery.

By shouting down Hasselbeck (who is clueless), Rosie masks the fact that she's not smart enough to throw out a cogent argument. Her obnoxious, sledgehammer delivery advertises the fact she can't carry a debate without acting like a 7-year-old.

Unfortunately, it also obscures her message, which can be on target -- as it is here with Iraq -- and makes her look like an obnoxious brat.

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Sadly, that has become the normal way to conduct political arguments.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

God bless Elizabeth Hasselbeck. She seized the opportunity to do what many of us conservatives dream of doing: bitch-slapping that bitch in front of the nation.

Rosie: Angry, bitter lesbian.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Why does the last word matter?

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

A confederacy of dunces.

9. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Rosie and Bill O'Reilly: two peas on opposite ends of the same pod. They're bullies, plain and simple.

10. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Rosie's so disgusting that Ellen wouldn't even go down on her with Anne Heche's mouth.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Anyone who thinks Hasselbeck is clueless, is, well... clueless...

She's extremely intelligent and articulate, she just happens to be ultra-conservative, much more so than republicans like myself.

Just because you disagree with someone does not make them clueless...

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the spat between Liz and Rosie came out of Rosie saying that if The View wins an Emmy this year, the credit belongs to BabbaWaWa for hiring Rosie, pretty much slamming everyone else on the show. Honestly, if not for Liz Hassleback providing a backboard for Rosie to slam balls against it wouldn't be so interesting. But lets be honest, Hassleback is pretty sheltered. She went from Survivor to a Style network show to The View. Her "realworld" experience was in the Outback with Colby, Probst and Jerri Manthey.

Draft saved Draft deleted