1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Castro critical?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So they had to tear Fidel a new one?

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Who here wants the Raiders to get better? I couldn't be happier that the Raiders went 2-14 this year. Keep AD alive!

3. markvid

markvid Guest

I resurrect this thread only to point out that Hugo Chavez may be even more goofy than we think.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/01/24/D8MRVTB80.html

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I'm almost jogging as well. I have a nice skip in my step when I go to the fridge for another hot dog.

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

The obvious but irresistible question:

Who had Fidel Castro in the death pool.

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

Just got back from Havana tonight. Awesome, awesome city, and no goddamn sign of Fidel. Lots of billboards of Che, though, and a group called the Cuban Five. (Like Menudo, only imprisoned terrorists.)

Seriously, though, if you can swing going to Havana before it becomes something else -- I can see P.F. Chang's on every corner in ten years -- you should try.

Plus, I found three new vices: Sancho Panza cigars, lemon daiquiris, and Cuban sandwiches.

I just messed in my pants. In the front.

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

The members of Menudo weren't terrorists? ;)

8. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Jones,

We all are going to die, Fidel included. Enough with Fidel. The wonderful classic cars in Cuba and getting them back home should be the priority.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Those cars ain't so classic anymore. Mostly held together with makeshift parts. Many Cubans have become expert at fixing cars with paper clips and duct tape (if they can get it) because of the lack of spare parts.

Going through Havana, you understand how great the city once was because the neglected remnants of architectural beauty remain along the boulevards. It's not like going to another Caribbean country that was never really developed.

10. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

If the bones are there I can bring it back to life. Colin Clive without the scars or neck bolts.

Draft saved Draft deleted