1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Castro critical?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

I'm going to Cuba on Thursday. I'll try my best to get an exclusive with Fidel for Ess-Jay. Wish me luck.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Or at least send back pictures of you enjoying the nightlife.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

I'll pour out a mojito for my dead commie.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Going to see Superman while you're down there?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Forget breaking a cracker, I bet he could break a brick!!

[​IMG]

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I was there with the Orioles in '99 and met Fidel in a post-game reception line at the Palace de Revolution prior to a banquet. Waiting on the line for my turn, I thought I'd try to be polite and compliment the pitchers on the Cuban team, especially considering Contreras' peformance that afternoon. Unfortunately, I don't know Spanish and I couldn't think of lanzadores. Instead I came out with something that sounded like peletoros, thinking that would be people who threw the ball (pelota). In hindsight, I'm pretty sure I told him the Cubans had developed excellent furriers.

7. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Relatives who went last year loved Cuba.

That said, I want a car. Lift this embargo Mr. President/Presidente'.

8. Having gone to Cuba, I will gladly say it's got nice beaches, but if you can get there, get into the interior to get a taste of the culture and the music.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Al Neri: Our friend and associate Hyman Roth is in the news. The High Court of Israel turned down his request to live there as a returning Jew. He landed in Buenos Aires last night offering a "gift" of a million dollars if they'd let him stay. They said no. His passport's been invalidated, except for his return trip to the States.
    Tom Hagen: He'll try Panama next.
    Michael Corleone: Panama won't take him. Not for a million, not for ten million.
    ---
    Michael Corleone: C'mon Frankie... my father did business with Hyman Roth, he respected Hyman Roth.
    Frank Pentangeli: Your father did business with Hyman Roth, he respected Hyman Roth... but he never *trusted* Hyman Roth!
    ---
    Michael Corleone: If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.
    ---
    [about the unrest in Cuba]
    Michael Corleone: I saw a strange thing today. Some rebels were being arrested. One of them pulled the pin on a grenade. He took himself and the captain of the command with him. Now, soldiers are paid to fight; the rebels aren't.
    Hyman Roth: What does that tell you?
    Michael Corleone: It means they could win.
    ---
    Michael Corleone: Hyman Roth has been dying from the same heart attack for the last twenty years.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Saddam, Fidel (soon)... who is next?

11. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

[​IMG]

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Rectum?

Damn near killed him!

Draft saved Draft deleted