1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cast changes on L&O

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Anthony Anderson has come a looooong way and is a pretty damned compelling performer.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That's an amazing turn to go from one of the baddest guys of all in one great cop show to one of the leading cops in one of the all-time best cop shows.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I agree with Slappy on both points.

I'm not an Anthony Anderson fan. I just don't him see him as a serious actor.

4. Hey, Jerry Orbach went from sleazy defense lawyer to Lennie Briscoe, American Hero, on the same show.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's how TNT should promote the reruns.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

El Gallo
    Billy Flynn
    Julian Marsh
    Chuck Baxter

The one and only.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Sisto reminds me of a guy around the newsroom. I like his character, as well.

I have to be careful around my house because the wife is a L&O junkie, but SVU is dead on the table. There were two situations where I just said WTF the other night:

1) Call from a bartender they talked to at a bar, saying a killer was there to get her. She doesn't call 911, calls Benson's cell, and until I started typing this I didn't even think how stupid that was. Benson and Stabler get in the car and drive to the bar, finding blood stains aplenty. There's not a squad car nearby they can call for quicker response?

2) They're now trying to find out where the bartender is. The lightbulb comes on and they figure it out. Do they call a nearby squad car? Again, no. Get in the car and drive down there. They get there, find her cut up, bloody and unconscious. One of them gets on the walkie-talkie, "We need a bus at 777 Bleecker Street!" Hello! Have a freakin' ambulance en route while you're driving your happy a$$e$ down there.

Jeez.

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Aw, WTF, Collins?

I was just starting to like this new lineup. Now I have to watch Anthony Anderson? Every time I see him, I'll just wait for him to yell for Pookie to help him "burn this motherfucker down" out of a desire for White Castle.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Those things happen way too often on SVU, and they bug the crap out of me too.

10. When did we hand this office over to the Marx Brothers?

[​IMG]

11. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I miss the really old ones with Michael Moriarty. He was always my favorite ADA. For some reason, TNT doesn't show those anymore.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Anderson is available I guess K-Ville is dead. He was pretty good on that show. Martin did a great job with the role. He was at his best coaxing confessions out of people. Anderson should do okay.
    The show has gotten a lot better. Last night's episode featuring James Rebhorn and Michael Rooker, was very strong. And the second chair, De La Garza, is actually getting some decent screen time. I barely noticed her last year.

Draft saved Draft deleted