1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Casey Anthony arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Oct 15, 2008.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Grandpa has always seemed like the level-headed one - if it's possible in that family. I think, just from seeing his conversations with Casey, he's known deep down that Caylee was dead and Casey did it.

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

You beat me to it. And there hasn't been a Natalee Holloway story in, like, weeks now.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

All the forensic tests are still being conducted, but the Orlando TV stations are reporting as though the remains are Caylee's. I guess none of the writers, reporters and studio anchors ever sat in a journalism class.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

I hear what you're saying, but, in fairness, there are no other cases of missing children in Orange County.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I hear what you're saying, but we're supposed to be reporting facts, not things that are probable or likely.

6. He was at first... Lately, I think he's kind of veered off the road.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The place where the body was found is out of the way (the meter-reader was looking for a place to piss) and is typically flooded during the rainy season. Assuming this is in fact Caylee Anthony's remains, they were tossed there before the summer rains started (and before Tropical Storm Fay parked herself on top of central Florida.) Water recedes, look what's there.

Texas Equusearch wanted to look around there during their first search, which was interrupted by TS Fay. When they came back that area had been fenced off.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Skull had duct tape around the mouth area.

So, now we know her death was premeditated.

Which makes it so much more awful.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I hope they have some DNA on that tape from the killer.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

It takes some skill to apply duct tape on a moving person without touching the sticky side.

Let's hope.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Ugh...

Hopefully she was not moving and it was a little more peaceful.

12. What are reporters supposed to do? Report that there was a child's skull found at the Anthony place and not put two and two together?

That would be a greater disservice than the obviously on-target speculation that it's the missing little girl.

Draft saved Draft deleted