1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Casey Anthony arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Oct 15, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This entire story just makes me want to vomit.

On another note, did the cops end the search at 1/5 of a mile? I'm guessing this was a moved body, or it could be a different child that was placed by a very sick individual.

How could the body have been there this entire time?

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Mandy Albritton, of EquuSearch -- the group that searched for the missing toddler -- said their workers did not check that location because it was submerged in water when they had looked in early September.

Because murderers never hide a body under water?

3. 93Devil

From wiki...

Casey Anthony's parents, Cindy and George, appeared on the Today show on October 22, 2008. They maintained that Caylee is alive and will be found. Larry Garrison, President of SilverCreek Entertainment, was their spokesperson until he resigned in November 2008, citing that he was leaving due to "the Anthony family's erratic behavior." Cindy Anthony was reported to be writing a book with her daughter Casey.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Weren't they saying a girl on a mall security tape could be Caylee?

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The grandparents were on Larry King last night, insisting that Caylee was still alive and was with the babysitter, Zenaida (sp?) Gonzalez. Grandma claims the Zenaida Gonzalez the police interviewed is the wrong one.

In general, Grandma seems to have a tenuous grasp of reality.

6. 93Devil

She knows her daughter did it and does not want to lose two daughters.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I still can't see what kind of charges could be brought against the grandparents. Pretty sure it's not a criminal offense to hope your daughter didn't kill your granddaughter.

8. Nothing like poisoning the jury pool.
    You stay classy, law enforcement.
    If a defense lawyer pulled this on a rape victim -- and he shouldn't be able to -- the police and the DA would go up the wall.

9. 93Devil

I would think a withholding evidence or hindering prosecution is about all that it would be if they are guilty. You are right, they should hope the child is alive, but I think they did a very odd 180 at some point of this investigation.

10. You might want to bone up on the story before offering that up.

The grandmother is out there. Casey's crazy comes honestly.

Hindering prosecution could be a possibilty.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

21, you're right, of course. I think there's some question as to whether the grandparents withheld evidence. I haven't followed the case all that closely, but I think there was talk about the possibility of a dead body having been in the trunk of a car and the grandmother having something to do with cleaning it/not telling the police/some other thing I'm not remembering.

I'm running out the door or I'd do more research.

12. KG

KG Active Member

This is so sad. It's sad that it's a child, period. It's also sad about Caylee. While I knew it wasn't likely to happen, I was still holding out hope that maybe Casey just sold her to a black market adoption agency or something. That would have been so much better, to find her years from now living with a family, than to find her precious little body abandoned, like garbage, in a bag.

Draft saved Draft deleted