1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carrie Fisher on "Today"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

It's on the Today website:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/28156266#28156266

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Best line from Carrie was "I can't remember the 80's. I was in rehab for most of it."

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

She's great. Quick wit. Does look like she has man hands, tho.

On the set of Empire... (or maybe Return), the crew and castmates called her Crazy Lay-ah. *nudge, nudge*

4. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Loud? Yep. Obnoxious? Not to me. Large? Eh, I've seen larger. Thought that was an interesting six minutes with an interesting woman.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Guys, she's obviously had some awful face work done.

But the constricted way she talked ... some kind of illness?

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

This was her at George Lucas' AFI Tribute in 2003: link (And don't ask me why...but for some reason, my YouTube thinks I'm in Italy, hence the it before the YouTube. And there's like, Portuguese closed-captioning as well.)

Watch it. She's hilarious.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You missed the most important part.... [Jake drops Mystery Woman into the mud]

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just saw the clip.

This is great---Debbie Reynolds' reaction after finding out about Carrie dropping acid.

"She did what any mother would do. She phoned Cary Grant".

9. dieditor

dieditor Member

She had a pretty funny bit in the first Austin Powers as the group therapist too.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

She does a ton of bit roles. She was a nun in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. She was in Wonderland too, as a Christian woman who takes in John Holmes' girlfriend.

11. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Yeah, but when they cut to the shot of her at the end of the original Star Wars, when she was wearing that scoop-neck gown and handing out the medals ... well, it made me glad my wife has taken such good care of herself over the years.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

She also does the voice of Peter Griffin's boss in "Family Guy".

Draft saved Draft deleted