1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carnival passengers: Boat sh*tters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Feb 13, 2013.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I got stuck on a guy's sailboat without a working bathroom during a major boat parade where there was much beer consumed. Fortunately, we could just go in a cup and dump it over the side. But the females who came aboard weren't so fortunate. I also found out it is a big no-no to go No. 2 on someone else's boat without permission, apparently. I spent my first night on a former friend's boat and did my normal routine in the morning. He FREAKED THE FUCK OUT! And he was pissed at me for several days. Course, he is an asshole and we are no longer friends for similar subsequent run-ins.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

When you say 'similar subsequent run-ins,' do mean feces-related?

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Nope. Just general assholish-ness. But some related to the boat. He is the captain after all. What a douche.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've only been sailing a few times, and never on an a trip of more than a few hours.
    I would not have known about needing permission to sh#t on the board.

What if you're on a huge yacht, and the boat owner and the captain are not the same person. Do you ask the owner or the captain?

Also, I'm assuming this etiquette is not in play if you pay for the boat trip. If I pay for a sailing trip down the California coast, I don't have to ask to sh#t, right?

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

They're your pants, Buck. You can do whatever you want.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing if you're on a large boat then you are free to sh#t to your hearts content. But on a boat this size (maybe 37 feet) the boat's toilet has to be hand pumped and doesn't have water in it. Kind of like a small RV toilet, I suppose. All I know is, dude went apeshit when he realized I had done it.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This is great.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I wish more people shared your perspective.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A travel agent friend says the people on the boat will get a refund, free travel back to their original port, or home, a free cruise, plus free travel to the port of their choice as a way to make up for this.

I also saw where Carnvial cruises were selling for a $100 a person for four days or $25 bucks a night.

I'm about to see if I can find a deal.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Shitter's full? Problem solved.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'm sure these folks are thrilled to have a chance to take another Carnival cruise. Sheeeiiiiit!

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah, free cruise? Fuck that. They need to be buying free vacations by any mode of transport other than that.

Draft saved Draft deleted