1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carl Peterson out in K.C.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dickens Cider, Dec 15, 2008.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Damn, I like that logo. Think I'll steal it from you.

Thanks.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

If this team was actually allowed tomahawks, they could have won four, maybe five games this season.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

MU is euphoric somewhere and might not even know why.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Washington: Who wants to work for psycho bitch boy Danny Snyder? Of course, he'll outbid anyone for Cowher's services, but I think the only coach for whom bitch boy would GTFOTW would be Gibbs.

Cleveland: Savage probably sticks around in some capacity.

San Diego: Who wants to work with A.J. Smith? dude ran off Marty Schottenheimer and got him replaced with yesman Norv Turner.

St. Louis: Worst team in Mizzou and with a potential move looming.

San Francisco: too cheap to pay Cowher.

Buffalo: ibid.

Cincinnati: ibid.

Jacksonville: ibid...plus the whole impending move thing.

KC and Cowher is just about a perfect marriage. As someone noted earlier, KC is a true football town. The guy who turns the Chiefs into a Super Bowl winner will be a God there. Hard to pass up the chance to enjoy that status in two football-mad towns.

5. doubledown68

What he said.

6. Simon

Simon Active Member

And the KC Star ONLY has 3 FUCKING paragraphs on the biggest news in Kansas City in the last couple years at least? Awesome. Awesome. I wonder why newspapers are dying. ::)

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

No shit. The greatest sports section in the world (allegedly) is really fucking this coverage up. They're begging me to go elsewhere and read about it.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I can't wait to read Whitlock dancing on Carl's grave or JoePoz writing a very level-headed column that tap dances on it. Maybe even both.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Could be Carlos Valderrama.

How many Chiefs fans are in Arkansas? Methinks the logo folk were reaching a bit back in the day.

10. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Of course, mediocrity would be good enough to make a run in the AFC West right now.

11. doubledown68

JoPo's offering about yesterday's debacle was spot on. And apparently Clark Hunt listened.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I just got off a damn plane. This is the greatest news I've heard re: the Chiefs in years.

And as much as I hate King Carl, I'm happy he was given the opportunity to resign vs. being fired. In 19 years, as much of an ass as he was, he still put his heart into it.
    Thanks, now fade off into the sunset, and let us bring in some real winners who won't fuck around.

Draft saved Draft deleted