1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carl Lewis' ego

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jun 23, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

This one speaks for itself.

http://cache.deadspin.com/images/2006/06/Carl_Lewis_Birthday_Invitation_2006.pdf

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm Carl Lewis! I'm the fastest man alive! I'm so fast I beat God two out of three! The third time he was cheating!

3. sportsed

sportsed Guest

Link goes directly to a .pdf. Don't click it if you have a shitty-ass slow computer. Better to right-click and save it.

4. sportsed

sportsed Guest

Carl, we don't care if you don't like women. You don't have to have your flak "accidentally" release your birthday invitation that happens to have numerous parties with sexiness and flesh as their themes.

I love King Carl. He's my favorite Olympian and he sent me back a signed postcard when I wrote to him in 1987.

He should have a stop in Chicago so he can re-inact his "Star Spangled Banner" cover (or perhaps a stop at Fort Sumter in honor of Francis Scott Off Key).

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Is he going to sing at every one of those stops?

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

He's one of the two strangest perople, in terms of their personal bearing, that I have ever met. If it eventually turned out that he was from another planet, it would not surprise me in the least.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And the other was ... Michael Jackson?

8. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

This whole 5 brithday parties thing strikes me as being sad. It's as though he's desparate for friends, so he'll throw a bunch of parties to try and get some.

9. boots

boots New Member

All I know is that no one sings the Star-Spangled Banner better than Mr. Carl Lewis. I've got the tape to prove it.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

All I know is Carl Lewis is the greatest Olympic champion in this country's history and one of the most interesting people I have ever met in sports.
    If he wants to have 10 birthday parties, more power to him.

11. boots

boots New Member

And I remember watching Carl get his ass kicked in high school.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Funny Boots, I remember interviewing Carl once when he talked about being the littlest kid all the time and getting bullied by everybody at least until he was in junior high. He even admitted that Carol used to defend him.

Draft saved Draft deleted