1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cardinals Rising

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HeinekenMan, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Can't say we even started when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Go Cubs. </fanboylooser>

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

We don't like Chicago, they don't like us. It's that simple. It's in the blood. Fans in both cities embrace it.

Why? The cross-polinization between the fan bases is huge, most have relatives in both directions, Chicagoans flock to Wisconsin en masse for vacations and many have relocated there because it's cheaper (driving up prices in the Milwaukee area as a result ... fuckers! :D). The Wisconsin diaspora in the Chicago area is also large.

If the Brewers and Cubs had been rivals for 100 years instead of Cubs-Cardinals, the Milwaukee-Chicago animosity would put the Chicago-St. Louis rancor to shame, much as the Bears-Packers rivalry does in the NFL. The Braves and Cubs were big rivals in the 50s and 60s even though the Cubs never got within an ass sniff away from the Braves in the standings.

Frankly, I'm glad I finally have a reason to hate the Cubs. It always bothered me as a native Milwaukeean that I never really had a reason to. :D

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

From what I understand one of the positve by-products of all the Illinoisans migrating to Wisconsin is that it's raised the collective IQ of both states.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If only the Pirates could climb back in this race ...

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Crimson, this is what I'm talking about.

Fuck off, A_QB ... with Bea Arthur's dick! :D

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Most of the Cubs fans I know aren't even remotely worthy of seeing their team win a World Series. When things start to go wrong, they just sit back, sigh a heavy sigh and say, "Well, I KNEW it wasn't gonna happen..."

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

If the Pirates make the playoffs, I'll personally send the first 50 people from this site who ask $50 through paypal.

9. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Ahem, two back. This could really happen. If not for San Diego, the Cards would also be in the Wild Card hunt. But they probably can't make up six games. Then again, there's a lot of baseball to be played. St. Louis might be 10 games out in three more weeks.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

This is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Fuck St. Louis. Not the Cardinals. The city.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and just what did lou do to get a fuckin' like this?

Draft saved Draft deleted