1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cardinals Rising

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HeinekenMan, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Freshman roommate was/is a Cardinals fan. I feel your pain.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

There is no way a team with a rotation that includes Piniero, Kip Wells, and Maroth should even be sniffing postseason opportunities. Add to that injuries to a number of starters and the mental drain of the Hancock death and other personal tribulations and the Cards should be buried in the Central. Odds are they still will be.

Perhaps the only thing more unlikely than STL making the postseason this year would be something like, let's say, dominating postseason pitching performances from oh, Jeff Weaver as an example.

Time to invoke the ghost of Jack Buck...

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The powder blues were quite the rage.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

All the fanboy loosers on this thread are pathetic, Cubs, Cards, Brewers, all of you. Why don't you try rooting for a real team, like the Pirates. So they haven't had a winning record since 1992, BFD, I don't think any of you knew the true joy of watching Kevin Polcovich and Warren Morris patrol the middle infield day in and day out, man was that a sight to see.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hey, Warren Morris won a World Series.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Oh, and how people clung to that for far too long as to why he'd eventually be good. So sad.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

From someone who has a Cardinals screensaver on his laptop... GO CARDINALS!

Yeah, I'm a pathetic fanboy looser... and I love it. lol

But I will say this... if StL can't make it back, I root for Brew Crew all the way.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

This pathetic fanboy looser of the Chicago Cubs is quickly losing faith ... but if the Cubs don't win it, please dear lord let it be the Brewers and not the damn Cardinals. At least Brewers fans know the pain and suffering of cheering for a bunch of loosers every year, and thus would appreciate the situation.

9. Armchair_QB

Fuck all those assholes.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Frankly, I don't think the Royals care which teams they'll be watching from home -- AGAIN! -- in the postseason.

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

With Bea Arthur's dick?

12. Armchair_QB

When she's done with Will Ohman, yeah.

Draft saved Draft deleted