1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cardinals reliever Hancock killed in car accident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Saint Lou, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/cardinals/story/3B293F8C2726D713862572CC00534F93?OpenDocument

2. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

twice in five years ...

I know the Cardinal Nation-haters live here (and mostly with good reason), but this is one of those times having their fans will help them.

RIP, Josh.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Jeez. They were also playing the Cubs the day Kile died.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Does ESPN have a backup game.... or do we get three more hours of draft coverage?

5. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

No. it's the only night game. don't think they can change a game time 4-5 hours on the day of the game without permission from MLB. Doubt that happens considering it's a Sunday.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

This sucks. You wonder if he was sleepy when he was driving since the story said he apparently didn't slow down or try to swerve to avoid the tow truck. In light of La Russa's DWI arrest during spring training, I really hope alcohol wasn't a factor. According to ESPN, La Russa was the one who called Hancock's family.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Nothing more harrowing than being five miles from home (or closer) on a highway, slapping your face to try staying awake.

Very frightening.

8. casty33

casty33 Active Member

This is something terrible and I think joking about it, quite simply, sucks.

RIP to a young man who didn't deserve this.

9. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

Some of the Cardinals attended a Bob Costas charity event on Saturday night. Don't know if Hancock was there or not.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/berniemiklasz/story/161FFF9D01C603B1862572CC001225D9?OpenDocument

10. Simon_Cowbell

No one is joking about it.

But, fucking Christ, he's dead. No matter what anyone says he will remain dead.

If I knew a sequence of words that would give him another chance, believe me, I would be chanting them.

11. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

Which also was a few days after Jack Buck died.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I've been there too many times to remember. Unfortunately for me, nothing puts me to sleep faster than a moving car.

RIP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.