1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Car accident while working

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jackson Sundown, Dec 14, 2006.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

And after you get the car fixed, you slide each of your hunting-enthusiast friends $20 and a box of ammo, and you send them into the woods to finish off the deer's family for the trouble they caused you.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I had an interesting experience one time, in a company car (that was marked as such...with our logo). I was in south Florida, driving east on Route 112 (one of the main routes from the airport to Miami Beach).

I was in the far left lane. There was an accident ahead, blocking that lane. I tried to get over, but this being South Florida, no one was about to let me cut in. I got as far as I could to the scene, and still couldn't get over. A state trooper came rushing up to me (I had the window down...cool night, in the 60s) and he yelled at me to get in the next lane over. I looked, still couldn't get over ... masarattis and SUV's whizzing by at 80 mph. I told him I'd get over when I saw a break, but he ordered me out of the car, then jumped in, cut over (forcing one car to slam on the brakes, and tore-ass around the accident scene. He then wrote me up for interfering with a traffic investigation and blocking traffic. When I complained, he threatened to run me in.

When I got back home, I called our company lawyer. He said to call the clerk of the court in Dade County and point out that the cop had no authority to commandeer the car, and the insurance company would have been very interested if he had caused an accident. They dropped all charges.

3. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

I had a crushed left rear panel on the road, 400 miles away from the office on an over-night road trip, and the company didn't do squat. Yet they make me pay extra car insurance because I use the vehicle for work.

Good news: My deductible was $1,000. Cost to fix? The body shop took $100 cash and the insurance check. Worked for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted