1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Captain Underpants ruined Halloween

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

AP stories that came over the ticker tonight, one of them funny, the other one just sad.

The funny first:

The second one, which is gross, and definitely not the way I want to go out ...

2. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

I think the first one is harmless. Then again, it would be more than a pleasure to walk anywhere and see a trio of girls in skin-colored clothing, especially if it's incredibly tight.

The second is my worst nightmare. Everytime I hit something, no matter how small, I always worry that it will get stuck in my undercarriage and skid along with me. The last thing I need is to pull out my scraper, yank it out and see it being an arm. That just gave me shivers.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

What does the second story have to do with Captain Underpants or Halloween?

I'm so confused.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No need to be confused, sweetie. I liked that headline instead of "Body parts dragged for 15 miles"

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

OK. But you understand anyone opening a thread with that title would expect BOTH STORIES to be related to it somehow. It would be like titling a thread "God likes kittens" then posting pictures of beheaded children.

Kind of incongruous, and startling.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

No wonder God hates man since we kill kittens.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Well, if I were to dress up this Halloween, I have a new costume to go in:

http://www.scholastic.com/captainunderpants/

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

A little bit of poking around on the net led to finding a photo of the trio in costume:
    http://peterdavid.malibulist.com/archives/Dick%20Yarwood%20CU.jpg
    (I think the photo is SFW,but just incase some disagree with me, I'm leaving it as a link)

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Captain Underpants' alter ego actually is a principal, so maybe this principal just feels like they are stepping on his brushed-cotton turf.

And to the trio in tighty whities: You go, girls. Waistband warriors unite!

10. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

I read the story last night and wondered how many kids at this school are walking around with their pants around their ankles, ala gangster-esque, showing off their boxers or the booty or whatever is cool looking these days, every day.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I like the underpants better than pieces is pieces, parts is parts

Draft saved Draft deleted