1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canuckistan Football Brawl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Brooklyn Bridge, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Haven't seen this posted anywhere on a recent brawl between players and fans between the Hamilton Hurricanes and a team from Montreal. Watch the Youtube clip. One dude in the stands gets STOMPED. But no charge? All I could think of was that fight a few years back involving the U of Miami (Welcome to the OB baby!)

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/charges+after+Hamilton+football+brawl/3700832/story.html

2. holy hell. did you see all of those empty seats? Game must have been blacked out locally. :)

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

That was just ugly. Especially when the guy in the red sweater got thrown down a couple of rows, stomped, punched and finally K'd TFO starting at about the 50-second mark.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

"Police said by the time they arrived on scene, around 7 p.m. Saturday, much of the brouhaha was already over."

No police were on hand beforehand? Hell, you'd think anything with a public gathering would have at least one officer present.

I got a kick out of the dipshit (without his shell on) at 1:35 throwing his helmet at the kaos from the field, and the referee right next to him continuing to have his thumb up his ass.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

There goes Hamilton's chances of landing the Jaguars. Maybe they could concentrate on getting an NHL team. Ohh, sorry ...

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Wasn't a CFL game - a junior game of some type.
    I was waiting for someone to go Peter McNab and beat somebody with a shoe.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I thought that was Terry O'Reilly.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

It was Mike Milbury.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Didn't think Canadians got that fired up about anything.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

McNab was the biggest animal in that brawl. It's always the guy you least expect that gets the craziest.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It was a game in the Ontario Varsity Football League. Kids are between the ages of 16-20. All three of my sons played in the league.
    Games are mostly attended by parents, friends and relatives. Number of kids go on to play Canadian college ball, a few get Division 1 scholarships. Good developmental league.

Trust Hamilton not to have security guards there during the game.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Canadians are uncivilized savages. That could never happen down here.

Draft saved Draft deleted