1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canuckistan Football Brawl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Brooklyn Bridge, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Active Member

Haven't seen this posted anywhere on a recent brawl between players and fans between the Hamilton Hurricanes and a team from Montreal. Watch the Youtube clip. One dude in the stands gets STOMPED. But no charge? All I could think of was that fight a few years back involving the U of Miami (Welcome to the OB baby!)

2. holy hell. did you see all of those empty seats? Game must have been blacked out locally. :)
  3. Double J

Double J Active Member

That was just ugly. Especially when the guy in the red sweater got thrown down a couple of rows, stomped, punched and finally K'd TFO starting at about the 50-second mark.
  4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

"Police said by the time they arrived on scene, around 7 p.m. Saturday, much of the brouhaha was already over."

No police were on hand beforehand? Hell, you'd think anything with a public gathering would have at least one officer present.

I got a kick out of the dipshit (without his shell on) at 1:35 throwing his helmet at the kaos from the field, and the referee right next to him continuing to have his thumb up his ass.
  5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

There goes Hamilton's chances of landing the Jaguars. Maybe they could concentrate on getting an NHL team. Ohh, sorry ...
  6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Wasn't a CFL game - a junior game of some type.
    I was waiting for someone to go Peter McNab and beat somebody with a shoe.
  7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I thought that was Terry O'Reilly.
  8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

It was Mike Milbury.
  9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Didn't think Canadians got that fired up about anything.
  10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

McNab was the biggest animal in that brawl. It's always the guy you least expect that gets the craziest.
  11. JR

JR Active Member

It was a game in the Ontario Varsity Football League. Kids are between the ages of 16-20. All three of my sons played in the league.
    Games are mostly attended by parents, friends and relatives. Number of kids go on to play Canadian college ball, a few get Division 1 scholarships. Good developmental league.

Trust Hamilton not to have security guards there during the game.
  12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Canadians are uncivilized savages. That could never happen down here.
Draft saved Draft deleted