1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canseco's next target: A-Rod

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

So now we work on the premise of guilty until proven innocent? Asking A-Rod if he's taken steroids is exactly the same as asking any public figure when he stopped beating his wife. The fact that most people here can't understand why it's wrong shows how far this board has fallen.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

In a way, it already has bitten him in the ass. See your comment below.

Canseco is MLB's version of Peter crying wolf once too often. His credibility is about where Scooter Libby's and the boys at Enron ended up.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Canseco's desperate enough for money that it wouldn't surprise me if the allegations were about players getting some from guys on the road.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Hell hath no fury like Jose Canseco scorned.

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I thought when I saw the title of this thread that it would be that Jose was going to go after Dr.Garth Fisher (Brooke Burns ex) for marrying his ex-wife.

Well, he has to be desperate for money because he did the Surreal Life and so I think this is a ploy to get rich quick.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, but his credibility was shit long before that, so now he has nothing to lose.

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I was listening to Canseco on 'EEI last week, and he was clearly indicating that ARod has used PEDs at some point in his life. Apparently he and ARod were once friends and trained together in Miami in the off-season early in ARods career. When asked why he didn't mention ARod in the first book, Canseco responded that he was urged not to mention many names, or something along those lines (I don't know who was doing the "urging".....)

It was typical Canseco, he also mentioned how ARod isn't the altar boy the world thinks he is.....blah blah blah. When he pressed to provide more details on anything he said, the standard response was "wait until the book comes out".

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Um no. Using your example, Asking A-Rod if he's taken steroids would be like asking any public figure IF he's beaten his wife. Maybe I'm alone on this but just because someone is asked if they have taken steroids does not mean they've taken steroids, and in case I have misread what exactly he was asked, he was asked if he would comment on being implicated in Jose's next book. That is all.

Also, in this day and age of the juiced era, the steroids question is a fair one to ask of anyone reaching 500 home runs, but it doesn't mean they have done it.

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

How's that Kool-Aid, Rocky? Is it grape or fruit punch today?

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Canseco out himself in this book -- and bring A-Rod along with him. I base my first comment on speculation drawn from first-hand experience and my second comment is extrapolation from what I've seen in Jose's behavior.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

You are very much alone on this. But don't let that stop you. Next time you're covering the Yanks, ask him.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I do admit that's my view from afar, as I am about as close to covering the Yankees as I am camel polo in Egypt. But i still don't see how asking him a question is accusing him of something. Is it an easy question to ask, absolutely not, but not all questions should be easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.