1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canseco: Aw, shucks, I shouldn't have done that

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's true, he was the first 40/40 man. But, since he was probably roided up when he did it, it doesn't count.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He was definitely roided up. Didn't he admit starting on the steroids before he even made it to the majors?

3. Magnum

Magnum Member

Started when he was 19.

I definitely think it deserves at least an asterisk, which would then make Junior Bonds (I was wrong) the true holder of that distinction. He was the first to do it in the NL.

Not why all this is still in my head. Buckweaver I am not. But just for shits and giggles, HoJo was the first to go 30/30, IIRC.

4. outofplace

Are you kidding about that last part?

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/hitting/hi3030c.shtml

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, Willie Mays and Bobby Bonds among others think that's more than a little off... ;D

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Four members total and I never would have guessed the last two to do it even though it was very recently. For some reason I thought Larry Walker did it during his MVP season... Guess not...

7. outofplace

As would Ken Williams, who did it in 1922, except, well, he's a bit too dead to be thinking. Has been that way since 1959, 28 years before Howard Johnson's first 30-30 season in 1987.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Ok, if you're serious...give back all money you made from the book...until, then, you a lying fraud and hypocrite...even if you do give it back, you still are anyway.

9. Magnum

Magnum Member

Wow, I was way off. Thanks for correcting me.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Dan Patrick has no idea why he just wet his pants.

Draft saved Draft deleted