1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian woman dies after marshmallow eating&talking contest

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Calm down, Three Bags. Are you saying there's no such thing as Bible camps?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Man, if there's an atheist camp and my parents didn't send me...I'm suing.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

My parents sent me off to what I thought was a summer camp and it turned out to be a FRAUD.

One and a half hours of Presbyterian Propaganda every damn morning.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

At Unitartian camp, they hold the marshmallow in their hands and discuss with the rest of the campers whether they're holding a marshmallow or not.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Stuff marshmallows in their mouths and train in bomb making.

Stuff marshmallows in their mouths and plot control of the world's money supply.

Stuff marshmallows in their mouths and think, "If this kills me, nothing awaits me."

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Careful with the Christian bashing, bubbler.

I am told this is actually a Satanic ritual.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Now that's funny. :D

Swear to God? ;)

No outing! JR agreed to appear on this program only under condition of anonymity. ;D

9. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Did someone actually break out the phrase "Jew camp" in here?

Sheesh.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm bashing Bible camps with corny activities like marshmellow talking. It just so happens that those camps have a lot of Christians.

Maybe I'm a dick for saying it, but it just seems to me that a lot of Christian-approved entertainment is corny. Marshmellow talking, Michael W. Smith, Shine, Jesus, Shine, Benny Hinn, Hell Houses on Halloween ... yeesh.

I hope Jesus didn't die for my sins for all that. His dad gave me a brain in my head, after all, and a decent percentage of my brain is devoted to fun, which all of the above is most definitely not.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So if you're a Canadian Christian child, how on earth do you make it to adulthood without a 30-pound marshmallow mass stuck in your throat?

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm not a church-goer and never have been, but I would assume you'd spit it out long before it gets to 30 pounds.

Or you would simply refuse to take part in such a moronic activity in the first place, even at risk of ex-communication and an eternity in the fiery pits of hell.

Draft saved Draft deleted