1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian culture on prime time!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Well, sort of. Canadian-born writer/director/producer Paul Haggis is returning to episodic TV with "The Black Donnellys," a new show inspired by southern Ontario history turned folklore.

"The show is loosely inspired by a tragedy that took place in southern Ontario where a family of black Irish farmers and homesteaders were massacred by the local population," Haggis says.

"I decided to play on that, so I created this fictional neighbourhood in Manhattan where these black Irish kids, 18 to 22, find themselves drawn deeper and deeper into crime."

"Black Irish" doesn't refer to skin colour, by the way. It's more indicative of economic standing or lack thereof.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...188&call_pageid=968867495754&col=969483191630

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ah, to hell with that.

If I want to see real Canadian culture on TV, I'll watch Red Green reruns. :D

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was hoping for the return of 'The Kids in the Hall.'

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I second Kids in the Hall ...

5. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Oops, thought this was another Stanley Cup thread.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The best ever!

Draft saved Draft deleted