1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian Court Strikes Down Anti-Prostitution Laws

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 20, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Gotta figure our courts will do the same in the near future, right?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The question is, what kills more, prostitution or marijuana?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It seems like, to me, a vagina – as a man – would be more desirable than a marijuana cigaret. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So I take it the next SportsJournalists.com party weekend will be held in Canada?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rob Ford's agenda goes nationwide.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Well, that was going to be my suggestion. Always wanted to see the Blue Jays play.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

We did that once already. We'll have to see if CSIS has removed y'all from the Watch list.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

So what are the new rules? Or is it anything goes?

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You can just keep paying the same rate you do now.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Selling is legal. Fucking is legal. Why isn't selling fucking legal? You know, why should it be illegal to sell something that's perfectly legal to give away. I can't follow the logic on that at all. Of all the things you can do to a person, giving someone an orgasm is hardly the worst thing in the world. In the army they give you a medal for spraying napalm on people. Civilian life, you go to jail for giving someone an orgasm.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Try reading the article YF posted. Not that tough

The ruling won't take effect immediately, however, because the court gave Parliament a year to respond with new legislation, and said the existing laws would remain in place until then.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Giving money to politicians equals free speech. Why can't giving money to prostitutes equal free speech?

Draft saved Draft deleted