1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian Bus Beheading Suspect: "Kill Me."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I think they went with second because they didn't think they could prove premeditation.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Has anyone furtively eyed their seatmate while using public transportation after this story? I know I fucking have.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yup.

There's no way a Crown Attorney would ever try and nail this guy with first degree murder. Is has to be planned.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Not to argue one way or the other, but doesn't bringing the Rambo knife on the bus imply some level of malice aforethought?

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

There's no common-sense exception for particularly gruesome, horrific killings?

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Not necessarily.

The poor guy was a random victim.

It may have been planned in general but not against the particular individual.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Read the report today about how the victim fell asleep listening to his headphones.

I would guess he was listening to Coldplay at full volume. That would set anyone off.

;D 8)

Too soon?

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The guy will get the max 25 years without the possibility of parole. That's it.

9. KP

KP Active Member

That's nothing short of a disgrace.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

After? I always did before. I hate public transportation and sitting next to someone I don't know ... airplanes included.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Flash --

For me it's always been like taking a leak next to someone. Eyes on your own papers, no peeking, I'd like it if your coat didn't touch mine, that sort of thing. But now I'm looking to see if the guy has a hacksaw.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, you're a real tough guy!!!!!! </crossthreading>

Draft saved Draft deleted