1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canada sucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Yeah, if I had known then what I know now, I would have saved myself a whole heapin' mess of trouble.

That might be the most cliched post I've ever made, but I don't care.

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/show/CTVShows/20071126/dion_dancing_finale_071126/20071126/

If I have to go through seeing her and Rene anymore on television, I am going to shoot myself.

I am so sick of hearing how Halifax was supposedly unhospitable to Celine and Rene. Rene thinks one column by Daily News columnist David Rodenhiser (sp?) was enough of a snapshot of the pulse of the people of Halifax that they canned the concert.

Rene needs tougher skin. What a bunch of crap!

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I love Halifax but does anyone really give a shit about this?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Nope.

This was old news last week.

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

People cared nationally last week. But seriously, I am tired of all the Celine talk in this area and I hate her as an artist. Like I wish Halifax would get over it and find another act to play in the city that is ten times better than her.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Can, people didn't care nationally last week.

A few people cared in Halifax and maybe in Antigonish and New Minas but no one outside the Martimes gave one little shit. Sorry.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'd agree with that. If the Toronto Sun doesn't beat the shit out of a story it can't be that big.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Ah yes ... it wasn't important like nude phone pics of Tlusty. ::)

9. If you guys had American-style health care, this wouldn't happen.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

I guarantee ... no one in Antigonish cares. My mom calls her 'that French bitch.'

11. Flash

Flash Guest

And, by the way, one of our radio stations had a 'Celine isn't coming here' promo. It went over quite well. We had a party in the streets and tore down the Saddledome in celebration. The Flames are playing on the pond now.

12. No One In Antigonish Cares

There's the title of your autobiography right there, Flash.

Draft saved Draft deleted