1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you pass the new citizenship test?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Jul 2, 2008.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

well, can you? :D

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25461301/

Funniest thing about this test is the note that the real test doesn't have multiple choices.

EDIT: I got 90 percent as well. Missed one cause I read it wrong.

2. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

HOORAY! I CAN FINALLY BECOME A CITIZEN!

90 percent (18 of 20). The only ones I got wrong are how many in the House and who is chief justice.

I was a history minor in college and I'm a big nerd, so this would have been pretty easy even without multiple choice.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

20/20. :)

4. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Ha! This Canadian got 70 per cent - was sure I'd fail.

5. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

Nice work 2much...but you are obviously a spy. No good American can get all 20...

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

100 percent... I did guess on two though...

You answered 100% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

0-20%: Maybe you're still thinking too much about the Old Country.

25-40%: Mmmm. Do you really want to be a citizen? This kind of performance isn't going to impress those nice immigration folks.

45-60%: Not too bad, but you really need to break out the civics books again -- word is, the INS is looking for an 80 percent score.

65-80%: Hey, you may make a good citizen yet! Look at your wrong answers and a little revision should do the trick.

85-100%: Welcome to the United States! (And, truth be told, you know more about this great land than most Americans.)

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

8. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

95 percent.

Only one I missed was because I misread the question, "What right is in the first amendment." I read it as not, and answered right to bear arms. MSNBC obviously now believes I am a lunatic, gun-toting, right-winger.

9. Beachey

Beachey Member

20/20 - The only questions I might have got wrong if it was not multiple guess was what year the Constitution was written and who was president during WWI

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

This Canuckistani got 17 of 20....

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

100 percent. Guessed on one, though.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I got 100 percent.

If I hadn't thought and revised my answer to the first question, it would have been 95 percent.

Draft saved Draft deleted